This letter is to inform you that Imagine Academy at Sullivant has been identified as in need of improvement. School Improvement means the school did not meet Ohio’s goals in reading, mathematics or attendance for two years in a row or more. These are the AYP results for Imagine Academy at Sullivant: Reading- Not Met, Math- Not Met, and Attendance- Not Met.
Sufficient progress is defined by both state law and the No Child Left Behind Act. There are four components that measure academic growth in schools. This growth is called “Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP).” The components that determine whether a school meets AYP are:
1. Reading (both test scores and the participation rates are counted);
2. Mathematics (both test scores and the participation rates are counted);
3. Attendance Rate; and
4. Graduation Rate.
State and Federal laws set target goals for these four components. A school must meet every single goal in order to meet AYP. The participation rate goal on all state tests is 95%. The goal for the attendance rate is 93%. The goal for the graduation rate is 73.6%. Building goals for reading and mathematics at the elementary level are based on combinations of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade goals from Ohio’s Achievement Tests. A certain percentage of students, in each of ten possible student subgroups, must reach grade-level proficiency in both reading and mathematics for the school to meet AYP.
To help Imagine Academy at Sullivant get out of School Improvement, we have developed a plan to help our students do better in all academic subject areas. Our plan includes the following:
· Professional development opportunities for teachers, which will focus on improving instruction for all students;
· Consultants and coaches to assist teachers in improving classroom instruction;
· Additional instruction time devoted to reading and math skills;
· Implementation of a teacher mentoring program that aligns with best practices;
· A parent and community program to assist families in helping their children attend school and improve attendance; and Incorporate appropriate activities before/after school, during the summer, and during an extension of the school year to improve student academic achievement.
Our Local Report Card, which is located at the Ohio Department of Education's website, (http://ilrc.ode.state.oh.us/) shows how our school compares to other similar schools.
Due to the status of School Improvement, your child can attend a similar school that is not in need of improvement. However, choice of school may be limited due to enrollment numbers or services provided. While your child is eligible to transfer to another school in the district, we want you to know that we are working hard to ensure that all students meet the academic goals. We are developing a rigorous school improvement plan and teachers are being provided high quality training that includes specific interventions to meet the needs of all our children. We encourage you to provide input as we strive to help all our students succeed now and in the future. To find out about ways you can get involved with our school, please contact Jamie Lama, Principal of Imagine Academy at Sullivant at 614-308-5991.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.